Christmas Time…Delicious Treats!
“Had I but a penny in the world,
thou shouldest have it for gingerbread.”
Good enough for Shakespeare…good enough for me!
These muffins are a treacle-rich delight.
Dark sugar, cinnamon and ginger…yum!
Let’s fill these cases!
Sift in the flour, salt and baking powder.
- 350g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- 90g dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 240ml buttermilk
- 180ml treacle
- 120ml butter, melted
- 80g walnuts, chopped
In go the sweet spices.
Coat the walnuts in the spice and flour.
Just smell that treacle!
- Preheat oven to 180°C/ 375 °F/ gas mark 3
- Line a muffin pan with paper cases.
- Sift in flour, salt, baking soda, ginger and cinnamon, then add the chopped walnuts.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together brown sugar, egg and buttermilk.
- Slowly add wet ingredients into the dry and stir roughly.
- Finally stir in…
View original post 99 more words