- 2 slices rye or wheat bread (see note)
- 1/2 bunch breakfast radishes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup fresh or homemade ricotta
- 2 to 3 teaspoons fresh minced flat-leaf parsley
- Toast the bread and set aside.
- Cut radishes in half lengthwise and cut each half into 1/4″ thick half moon slices. Melt butter in a small skillet, add radishes, and cook over medium low until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in salt and lemon zest, taste and adjust salt level as needed.
- Top toast with a smear of fresh ricotta, a sprinkle of cooked radishes, and finish with parsley.
I love rye bread but it can often be overpowering for the delicate ricotta and radishes. Use wheat if you want a nice balance (or a lighter rye!)